It is the mission of Mitchell Technical College to provide skills for success in technical careers.
Amazing details about Mitchell Technical College:
- 99% job placement rate for Mitchell Tech graduates
- 35 on-campus academic programs and 4 online programs
- #1 in South Dakota for 10-Year Return on Investment
- 96 First-year Mitchell Tech students received Build Dakota Scholarships
- More than 92% of Mitchell Tech students receive financial aid
- Located in Mitchell, South Dakota; founded in 1968
- Military friendly school since 2010
- Nationally and regionally unique programs
Mitchell Technical College will be a leader in technical education and a valued partner in global workforce development, equipping students for career success and lifelong learning in a changing world.
- Learning: MTC provides high-quality Associate of Applied Science degree, diploma, and certificate programs which prepare students for successful careers.
- Life Skills: MTC prepares graduates for lifelong learning by building skills in technology, communication, professionalism, problem-solving, teamwork, and adaptability.
- Access: MTC provides educational services and quality training to students, alumni, businesses, and the community, both on campus and at a distance.
- Innovation: MTC integrates state-of-the-art technologies, instructional methods, and facilities to deliver a high-quality, unique educational experience.
- Excellence: MTC commits to improve student learning and institutional effectiveness through a system of assessment and continuous review.
- Talent Investment: MTC recruits, develops, and invests in skilled, dedicated, and student-oriented faculty and staff.
- Community: MTC builds student community through social and recreational activities, counseling support, and a student government structure administered through organized student services.
- Diversity and Respect: MTC seeks and values a diverse population and responds to the unique needs of individuals, recognizing the dignity and worth of all people and fostering a climate of respect among its students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Advocacy: MTC promotes the value of technical education through the development of relationships with stakeholders and activities that raise awareness of the college 's mission.
- Equity: MTC strives to address gaps in achievement so that every student receives purposeful, ongoing support and programming to be successful throughout the college experience.